Copyright © 2024 LOOP All Rights Reserved.
Designed for anyone who is new to supervising and managing others, the Bud to Boss Toolkit: Becoming a New Manager will provide the foundation needed to take on a new leadership position. New Managers will learn how to communicate with former peers who are now subordinates, as well as learn how to conduct difficult conversations, all in a way that is comfortable and productive for everyone.
Be comfortable, productive and successful as a BOSS!
- Learn how to be an effective leader
- Equip yourself with skills a leader should know
- Know how to handle difficult situations in this course
- Understand how your leadership can shape a team
This course qualifies for PMI Professional Development Units (PDU).
This course is eligible for UTAP funding.
1. Know how to communicate and connect with employees who like to move fast and are task oriented
2. Know how to communicate and connect with employees who are high energy and relationship oriented
3. Communicate and connect with employees who care about others and like to evaluate before acting
4. Communicate and connect with employees who are great with data and like to evaluate before acting
5. Apply the seven key components required to give a great presentation
6. Understand where you can tap into your feedback power and put it to use
7. Use the four types of feedback to create the right balance in your coaching
8. Use the six step coaching model to lead others to higher levels of performance
9. Articulate a compelling reason why a goal matters to accelerate progress towards achieving the goal
10. Know the three types of goals to motivate & inspire your team to achieve higher levels of performance
Discussing Your New Leadership Role
Understand the Expectations of a New Role
Creating the Mindset for Your New Role
Control vs. Influence
Communicating Positive Expectations
Motivation for Change
Accelerate the Acceptance of Organization Change
Diagnose Resistance to Change
Remove Yourself as a Source of Threat
Creating a Conflict Resolution Mindset