The most common way that something gets done at LOOP is as follows:
Someone has an idea, they share it with a few coworkers, they collaboratively refine what it should be, and they go build it. People are their own project managers, and this works because everybody on the team understands our business and what's important to us and to our Learners and Producers. The point is…
You will have lots of autonomy and a huge impact on our business.
Our start-up environment is located near a MRT station, and is relaxed and close-knit, with regular team lunches, monthly Fun-Time Fridays, and frequent health-related activities such Yoga, Salad-Making, and Archery etc.
We have a great team and a friendly place to work where we enjoy the freedom to innovate in an exciting start-up environment. Our environment requires imaginative thinkers with the ability to work independently on simultaneous projects and collaborate effectively with other team members.
While we pride ourselves on being flexible, there are certain things we feel very strongly about:
- Strong work ethic. We value punctuality, professionalism, pride and a desire for success.
- Dependability You can be relied on to keep your promises. You are always on time and prepared for meetings, and deliver your work on schedule and on budget. Your reputation for reliability precedes you because you’ve proven over time that customers, clients and colleagues can trust you to do everything you say you will. In an uncertain world, your customers, colleagues and clients will appreciate the stability you embody.
- Simplicity over everything. If you're smart enough to write 100s of lines of clever spaghetti code, you should be smart enough to realize that someone will probably break it later. It can be hard to make things simple and elegant, but it’s worth the effort and the time.
- Great teams are better than the all-star players. No matter how great someone's ideas are, they'll be improved upon through collaboration with other stellar engineers.
- Understand the whole business. Great software isn’t built in a vacuum -- it requires hard work from extremely smart people across many disciplines and an understanding of how it all fits and works together.
- Have fun. In order to produce exceptional work, you have to love what you do.
ICT Trainers/ Executives
Always keeping up with technology and possess a strong passion to train? You may be the right person to be a ICT Trainer/ Executive!
We are seeking for suitable candidates who will be stationed in a local government school to assist the teachers in the planning of ICT programmes, managing of ICT inventory and providing IT training for the students! Help shape the future, today!
Expect continuous learning with us as we will provide you with the necessary trainings and workshops to make sure you are always up to date with the requirements of the school!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide ICT, LMS and AV support
- Plan and execute programmes and activities according to the ICT Plan
- Plan and allocate tasks for the ICT department
- Purchase ICT Equipment & Services based on school requirements, such as through bulk tenders, calling tenders and quotations
- Conduct software training for students in school in applications such as Microsoft Office, as well as IT CCA in school
- Oversee and train students in preparation of various ICT related competitions
- Manage IT project and data management of the school
- Update and upload of contents on the school website, which may involve the creation of flash animation using the photos provided
- Support and conduct special projects training for students that school embarks on
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Head of ICT Department, such as assisting in events in the areas of photography and videography
- Diploma in IT, Visual Communication, Digital and Interactive Media, Visual Communication or equivalent
- Preferably registered with Ministry of Education
- At least 1 year of experience working in a school environment or related position
- IT savvy and able to pick up new software very quickly
- Good knowledge of networking system including the wireless will be an added advantage
- Possess ICT contract, vendor and project management skills (ICT Executive role)
- Good verbal and written communication skills, proactive with good working attitudes
- Self-starter, ability to multitask and work both independently and as a team
- Candidates without working experience are welcomed
Developer (Binary Artist)
Developer (aka Binary Artist) is responsible for the full software development life cycle for PHP-based web applications, including support, testing, and documentation. The Developer will also be involved in pre-development stages such as developing proof of concepts, technical designs, and data modelling. The Developer should be comfortable with both front end and back end duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop proof of concepts and technical designs
- Data modeling
- Develop, customize and integrate Moodle, Totara, and other PHP-based web applications
- Provide technical expertise and maintenance support for Moodle, Totara, and other PHP-based web applications on-time within SLA agreements
- Installation and configuration of plug-ins
- Manage software development, enhancement, debugging, testing and maintenance of the backend application
- Make design, code, testing and system quality improvement to backend application programming interface (API)
- Technical documentation
Qualifications and Skills
- At least a diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or an equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing PHP or web-based applications
- Experience with PHP-based applications, and/or Moodle, Totara, or similar platforms will be a bonus
- Passion for IT and software development
- Willingness to learn on the job and attend upgrading courses
- Team player who enjoys interaction at work and during recreation
Do you have the desire to utilize technology to enhance/ transform our education? You may be the right person to be an eLearning Specialist!
We are looking out for suitable candidates to transform technical content into engaging and interactive learning experience using the knowledge of anagogical/ pedagogical learning theory and Instructional Design processes for improving training effectiveness of the course content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with instructors and subject matter experts to gather the learning needs, content, schedule and scalability requirements for development projects
- Conduct training needs analysis
- Develop pedagogically sound curriculum and recommend suitable learning strategies and solutions
- Develop, conceptualise and edit storyboard that will be translated into finished interactive content
- Effective use of digital media, eLearning development tools, and other emerging technologies to create and deliver computer based training
- Design and develop engaging and memorable learning opportunities (including related learning elements) then publish final eLearning modules in a learning management system
- Convert existing documentation and training materials into engaging and effective online courses and take part in the continuous content process improvement with the Sales team
- Work with stakeholders to develop release and development timelines
- Report status of projects to the Project Director
- Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education, Art/ Design/ Creative Multimedia, Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Education/ Training/ Teaching or equivalent
- Required skill(s): storyline 3 or 360, SCORM, Learning Management System
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Training & Development, eLearning Development or equivalent
- Full-Time and Contract position(s) available
Interested candidates are invited to send your recent resume in MS Word format at email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Training Delivery Manager
Reporting to Management to support the LOOP’s vision and mission, the Training Manager is responsible for leading, developing and inspiring a team of trainers to create a vibrant teaching and learning environment through the LOOP curriculum.
This role requires a high degree of self-reliance, entrepreneurial drive and passion toward technology. You have a wealth of teaching experience, seeking challenge, flexibility and work-life balance. Have a natural love to work with kids and have the patience to work with active inquiring minds, and the ability to break down complex problems into smaller digestible pieces. You will design digital literacy courses, be involved in exploring new ideas and make new things.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct training for trainers, including events and workshops for students and parents
- Develop curriculum
- Design, deliver and evaluate the effectiveness of the training programs and making recommendations for continuous enhancement
- Implement the adoption of sound, purposeful and effective formative and summative assessment practices that support the desired learning outcomes.
- Research & development
- pedagogical approaches for student learning
- exploring ICT tools and applications
Qualifications and Skills
- An effective team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- A meticulous individual who is able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- PGDE (NIE) or overseas equivalent
- Have some form of leadership experience
- At least 3 years of relevant teaching experience at MOE Primary/ Secondary Schools
Intrigued? We loved to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your biodata for us to get in touch with you. Cheers.
Business Development Manager
You will participate in the development and expansion of LOOP’s business activities in the Greater China region (China, Hong Kong, Macau), assisting the General Manager in implementing business development strategies for the region. You are required to engage in client acquisition activities in lead generations and through follow up on referred leads, events participation, networking and implementing other expansion strategies. You will also expand the network of the LOOP and increase the LOOP brand awareness across the region through key account management. You will be part of the marketing for the China region, developing product messaging, value propositions, collateral and direction to our product teams.
- Minimum Degree in Sales & Marketing/Business Administration.
- Effectively bilingual with a good command of spoken Mandarin to liaise with Mandarin-speaking clients.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills is required
- Client centric with a passion to go the extra mile for clients
- Self-motivated individual who is able to multi-task, and stay focus on business objectives
- A committed, and confident team player with the ability to respond positively to request for assistance.
- Candidate will be based in Singapore/China
- Native Chinese/Mandarin speaker and understanding of China market is essential for this opportunity.
What you’ll get in return While working in a well-known organization, you will be offered a rewarding base salary and performance incentive with motivating working environment. You will also have a great career opportunity in developing in a huge market.